Field Trip Sign-Up
DFFAAHT Field Trip Instructions
Teachers of Mobile County Public School System,
The Dora Franklin Finley African-American Heritage Trail is excited to take you and your class on a ride into our City's diverse past. Hopefully, this trip will provide an interactive educational experience for students helping them to personally identify and visualize pages learned from their local history.
Please print the recommended docent script for teachers when guiding the tour by clicking this link now. In addition, please print the driving route and directions for your Bus Driver's review by clicking this link now. It is recommended that the Teacher and Bus Driver review these documents in advance of the day of the field trip.
After reading these instructions, click the green "Continue" button at the bottom of this page. You will then fill out a brief online form and receive your confirmation number for the Field Trip. The form must be completed more than five days prior to the field trip date requested. Your school is not being charged as the field trip costs have been provided by the DFFAAHT. Book your class' field trip now.
If you wish to take a field trip that tours the DFFAAHT and visits the Museum of Mobile Exhibits on the same day, you must contact Eric Finley at (251) 725-2236 at the History Museum of Mobile to arrange the combo-tour.
If you need to cancel a confirmation, please email us at email@example.com .
On the day of the Field Trip, please review the following steps:
- Please click on this link for directions to the History Museum of Mobile located at 111 South Royal St. and provide to bus driver.
- Reprint clean copy of driving route and directions for your bus driver's review by clicking this link now.
- When arriving at the museum, please park the school bus on Royal Street in front of Fort Conde' facing Church Street.
- The teacher will walk into the Royal Street front desk of the Museum's lobby to sign out the portable PA Speaker for Teacher audibility on the bus. She will also receive a quick and more concise view of laminated directions for the driver. The directions can be adhered to the dashboard for the drivers hand free view.
- The museum is the final opportunity for a bathroom break before the field frip begins.
- At the end of the trip, please return to the designated parking area on Royal Street. The teacher must return to the Museum front desk to return the PA speaker and laminated directions to sign the equipment back in to the museum.
- After taking the field trip, please go to the home page of www.DFFAAHT.org and click "Contact Us" from the home page. Send an email confirming your trip. Please answer two questions:
1. What did you like about the school bus tour?
2. What would you change about the school bus tour.
Thank you for this opportunity to provide your class with a ride back into their heritage.